Saturday 15 April 2017

DAM Buzzotron

I was just reminded of this one on FSB and although there are already vero layouts available, I thought it was worth adding to the library for the sake of completeness.  Positive ground so watch the daisy chaining or try the voltage inverter.

David Main's words:

"This circuit is a little different to a stock Buzzaround. You can still nail those Crimson tones with ease but this Buzzotron circuit will give you a little extra extension of frequency range and a little more of a tailored fuzz tone. The hand selected original transistors will have very much the same character and tone of the original pedal. Giving you great tonal break-up and control from truly ear splitting high gain to garage-y overblown decay!"





10 comments:

  1. Yeah, the boss weighs in, thanks IvIark!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any other trans that can be used?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea. Just use a set like you would for a buzzaround. I did a layout for this awhile ago before I was an admin, it's in the contributions section and there's some mention of transistors and build reports.

      Delete
    2. I didn't realise you'd done it too mate

      Delete
    3. Lol. No worries. I completely forgot about it until you posted this one. Always good to have it on the main page, not to mention I think yours is neater and more compact.

      Delete
  3. Verified. Good grief what a circuit. Q1: MP20 (~60 hfe) Q2: OC75 (~80 hfe) Q3: AC125 (~115 hfe). Probably my favourite sounding fuzz build yet. I've listened to a lot of praise regarding the Buzzaround and in my book its well deserved. Thick but articulate fuzz with extremely responsive controls. Doesn't seem to be that picky about transistors either. I put 3 random AC125's in and it sounded good. Now that I measured them as per original spec its sounds epic. Thank you lvlark.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buzzotron pics

    https://imgur.com/gallery/TquDr

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, built two - this one, and one from dirtboxlayouts, it sounds pretty cool, but got problems:
    1) loud pop when turns on, even with a pull-up resistor on dbl circuit(i`m using dpdt switch)
    2) when turning it off - clean sound fade-in in two seconds. It might be a bad capacitor, but I replaced them all - no difference
    3) gate (with active pups sounds better than with passives)

    Checked the tracks for jumpers from soldering, etc. - everything is fine.
    What`s wrong with my circuit/hands?

    ReplyDelete